Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July...

Don't worry, this will be a short blog. You see this July 4th Billie agreed to go shooting with Colby and me. This is a big deal. She's never done it before and she says she only agreed to go this time because it was in honor of our revolutionary fore-fathers who fought for our independence.

But whatever her reasons I need to say that she amazed me! We started her off with a .22 pistol, no kick and hard to aim, but really easy to shoot. Then we moved her to Colby's 9mm Springfield XD. It's a compact little handgun that shoots steady. After a few minutes of instruction from Colby on the safeties of the gun (passive safety, a grip safety, trigger safety and drop safe) and different holding options Billie opened fire on a plastic bottle and some firewood. She's a natural and I couldn't have been more proud! 6 targets hit in 7 shots! It was amazing.

So then she moved on to my .40 Beretta Px4. It's a heavier gun with a bigger kick. I was a little worried about her with it, but she handled that one like a pro too!

Anyway, maybe this isnt' a big deal for a lot of people. I know at least Billie is playing it off like it is nothing, but it was really cool to have her out there shooting with us and enjoying doing it too! Check out the slide show!

No comments: