Friday, March 26, 2010

Eight Month Update

I mentioned last month that I can’t believe how fast the time is going and my sentiments continue this month.  Titus is as happy as ever and never fails to crack me up. I believe I laugh more now than I did a year ago.  Titus’s laugh is one of the sweetest sounds in this world. I wish he could laugh like this for the rest of his life, but I guess that would be a little odd when he’s 18. Praise the Lord for video cameras!  I’m trying to pull it out on a regular basis so I can accurately document him as he grows.

The Inches & Ounces

Titus hasn’t grown much in the last month, but I’m sure that’s due to his extra wiggling.  I’ve been stocking up on 12 month clothes and they seem to be so long, so I think he’s going to stretch out soon.

The Thinks & Things

Titus is getting better and better at balancing while he sits.  He can even bend all the way forward and put his face on the ground (I tried this with him the other day and could not do it).  He is still not interest in crawling and is perfectly content on his back or sitting.  When I put him on his tummy, he whines for a second and then rolls over.

Titus is continuing to explore his surroundings and will study his toys and anything he can get his hands on.  He will now contemplate each item BEFORE immediately putting it into his mouth.

The Dreams & Blankies

Titus continues to sleep well…most of the time.  Sleep disruptions we’ve had seem to be due to teething, extra awareness or a combination of the two. In the past week, he’s started taking longer naps, so we’re prepared for a growth spurt!

The Eats & Chompers

On top of the longer naps, Titus has been eating a TON this last week.  He has started on finger foods.  Funny thing about finger foods – Titus puts everything in his mouth EXCEPT finger foods.  In the past week, however, his finger food percentage has increased, but my floor is still covered with Cheerios. 

It seems Titus is about ready to wean from nursing, so I have been busy trying to get myself up-to-date on the process. I have always intended to wean him around one year, but for some reason the abruptness of the timeline has “Sunrise, Sunset” playing on repeat in my head.

The Snaps and Flashes

Earlier this month we had family pictures taken by Jessica Kroger.  We absolutely LOVED all the pictures (and Titus was a professional looking at the camera and smiling).  Here are just a few:

005 044 072 copy 075 097 124 114

No comments: